TestDisk is free data recovery application. It was primarily designed to make non-booting disks bootable again and /or help recover lost partitions when these symptoms are caused by faulty software: some of viruses or human error (such as accidentally deleting a Partition Table). Partition table recovery using TestDisk is really easy.
- Rebuild FAT12/FAT16/FAT32 boot sector
- Fix FAT tables
- Recover FAT32 boot sector from its backup
- Rebuild NTFS boot sector
- Fix partition table,
- recover deleted partition
- Recover NTFS boot sector from its backup
- Fix MFT using MFT mirror
- Locate ext2/ext3/ext4
- Backup SuperBlock
- Undelete files from FAT, exFAT, NTFS and ext2 filesystem
- Copy files from deleted FAT, exFAT, NTFS and ext2/ext3/ext4 partitions.
TestDisk has features for both novices and experts. For those who know little or nothing about data recovery techniques, TestDisk can be used to collect detailed information about a non-booting drive which can then be sent to a tech for further analysis. Those more familiar with such procedures should find TestDisk a handy tool in performing onsite recovery.
Installation on archlinux:
#pacman -S testdisk
TestDisk Official sites and Documentation: